“It’s not easy being a mother, if it was easy fathers would do it”.
- My first ever trick I did as a Mum was not having to wear maternity jeans when pregnant. I used a 2 hair bands connected together to make my jeans do up so I still wore all my own jeans when I was pregnant.
- Lennon hated the bath at first, so I was doing everything I could to help him get used to it as I love baths and I really wanted him to enjoy them too. I started off by wrapping him in a towel when in the water then I got this huge sponge pillow for him to lay on. I don’t think he liked being exposed and too naked. He now loves the bath and cries when I get him out.
- I was so lazy and couldn’t be bothered to go down stairs all the time for night feeds so I would fill his water up in a flask and it would stay warm enough all night. If I needed to cool it down I would put it in a cold jug of water.
- When I started weaning Lennon he kind of just sat there with the food in his mouth, to teach him how to move it in his mouth and swallow I would put his dummy in his mouth with a little bit off food. He now eats so well and is feeding himself his finger foods. I have a blog post about weaning him.
- When he started to out grow the sleepyhead pillow when laying on his belly I took the big long cushion out and put it on the cot under the cot sheet. I could spread the pillow out as far as I needed, it helped him sleep so much. He is preferring to sleep on his back at the moment so he is back in the sleepyhead the proper way now. I just wanted to test out if he would sleep still if I was to buy the sleepyhead grand before wasting my money.
Thank you for reading, Don’t forget to subscribe via email so you don’t miss out on future posts.